This recipe is flexible – e.g., if you just love the graham cracker “crust” then double the amount and make more.
- 1 pound of strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 12 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons Amaretto
- 1 cup heavy cream
- mint springs, for garnish
Slice the strawberries into a bowl and sprinkle with one tablespoon of sugar. Toss and set aside.
Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and one tablespoon of sugar.
Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sour cream, confectioners’ sugar and Amaretto and beat until combined.
In another bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.