This recipe is really unique to Betty, because she received it from a unique aunt a lot more than 30 many years in the past. It is nonetheless a favored in Betty’s household. Components:
- 32 oz. package deal frozen hash brown potatoes (separated–no massive clumps) 10 three/4 oz. can condensed cream of chicken soup eight oz.
- Cheez Whiz (You can substitute one cup shredded American or cheddar cheese, if you like.)
- 1/2 adhere melted butter or margarine (for sauteing onion) one/4 cup chopped onion 8 oz.
- carton bitter cream salt and pepper, to style 1/2 adhere melted margarine (for crisping cornflakes)
- 2 cups cornflakes cereal cooking oil spray Saute
- one/4 cup onion in 1/2 stick melted butter or margarine.
- In a very significant mixing bowl, blend sauteed onion,
- 32 oz. frozen hash brown potatoes, ten three/4 oz.
- cream of chicken soup, eight oz. Cheez Whiz, and
- eight oz. bitter cream.
Add salt and pepper to style Blend thoroughly with a significant spoon. Melt one/2 stick margarine, and include two cups cornflakes. Warmth the cornflakes, till they are crispy and the margarine is absorbed. Do not above-brown the cornflakes! Spray a 13-inch by nine-inch by two-inch Pyrex dish (or related oven-evidence dish) with cooking oil spray. Spoon the casserole mixture into the baking dish, and sleek it out with the back again of the spoon. Sprinkle the crisp cornflakes evenly above the best. Bake for 40 to forty five minutes in an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees. Eliminate from the oven, and serve whilst hot …